Tiny houses can offer many advantages to the homeowner. Regardless of their sizes, they can still have everything you need in a home. The issue of affordability might be the reason you’re hunting for a tiny house. It might be to follow a trend, or live in a place that suits your single life. Whatever the reason may be, we’re here to help you actualize that dream.
Think about Your Vision
Understanding your reason for purchasing a tiny house is important in order to choose the right building for your needs. You need a clear direction. The following are other reasons for wanting a such a structure. See them below.
- A way to live alone comfortably, rather than having a big house all to yourself
- A way to practice practical living
- A way to avoid having clutter in your living space
- A way to avoid living a materialistic life
- A way to live in isolation in locations like the woods, desert, waterside, and so on
Having a Small Plan
You’re not alone in this quest, so expect to see many structures with similar characteristics. Your desires as regards the architectural vision of the building might be to buy a house that stands out from most buildings. What can you do? Simple—think about all the features you need, and draw a rough sketch of the plan. You can always buy a house and remodel it to your taste. Get an architect to give a professional draft of the plan for the general contractor to work on.
Buying Your Dream Home
DIY building of small homes can cost you as low as $15,000, if you’re using very cheap materials. For materials of a higher grade, it could be between $40,000 to $50,000 in total. The cost of buying a custom-built house may be from $200,000 upwards, if it’s done with luxury materials. Without the luxury feature, you may be charged between $90,000 to $110,000.
The prices depend on building sizes, as well as other features like the materials used and curb appeal. When you think about the cost of custom-built luxury homes, then you should already know that it will be far less for a building that has been pre-constructed without luxury materials. Professional builders can charge between $60,000 to $80,000 for a tiny house.
Facts to Note about Tiny Houses
- You’re allowed to buy a pre-owned building.
- A tiny house built on a foundation is called an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) in legal terms.
- The ones on wheels are registered as recreational vehicles (RVs).
- Many builders have ready-made structures for sale.
- You can easily get a tiny house of your choice through the local listings online.
Moving into Your Dream Tiny Home
Get a storage unit for your property if you wish to move into a new house. There are affordable options for rent. That’s where you’ll be keeping the belongings that you won’t be able to take to the new setting. Remember that it’s a temporary storage unit, so you have to think of how to take care of your stuff later.